Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thoughts about belief

Everybody has his own beliefs, some of them accord with the reality, while some just run far away from it. It’s of vital importance whether our beliefs are realistic or not.
Take a funny story for example, once there was a lazy man who had a strong belief that he could dig a huge bucket of gold. Then he kept on digging without doing other work no matter what other people say to him. Then day after day he became poorer and weaker. Of course he dug out nothing but branches and stones. One day, after digging for too long hours, he fell into the hole and died, it’s clear to us that all he had done was digging a tomb for himself. So from this story we can see the importance of having correct reliefs.
From my standpoint of view, setting up a goal in the long run is the reflection of belief. Since only having an idea about fighting for the future is not enough. We should put the idea into practice by making plans in details. For instance, I’d like to do some scientific researches in the future on chemistry. It’s too hard for those without much special knowledge to achieve this goal. So I study very hard all the time so that I smoothly attend a key university which is famous for chemical engineering in my country-China. And now, since I have interest in chemistry, and my major is just that, it seems I have moved a step towards my dream. My belief about success is everyone can succeed if he tries his best and wouldn’t easily surrender to the difficulties he meets.
All in all, keep a correct belief in mind and set up goals for it, you can’t miss the chance for success in the road of life. Just struggle for it!

1 comment:

  1. I partly agree with your opinion about how to achieve one's belief. It is really important to put the idea into practice and work hard for the goal. However, sometimes people don't know what is going to happen. So it is quite difficult to set up a goal in the long run.

    ReplyDelete