Thursday, July 28, 2011

My view about belief

I always think belief is a good thing, though I am not a man with much belief. I think belief can be very helpful in three ways.
First, belief can be the pushing power that makes us moving forward. When people have strong belief, they won't easily give up doing the things they believe in. It is belief that makes them perseverant. Whenever we are stuck in a tough situation, when we think of our belief, we will be energetic again, and find a way to make it.
Second, belief can set limits on our behavior. We won't do anything bad which contradict with our belief unscrupulously. Otherwise, we will betray our belief. That is probably the reason why people who have religion are doing charity all over the world.
Last but not least, belief can bring people together. When two people have similar beliefs, they usually will become friends. Belief is like a bridge, which can turn two strangers into intimate friends.
What I wonder about belief is that what is the view of Americans. I thought every American has a religion, is that true?
I hope my questions can be answered in the last class, thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on the three aspects you mentioned, especially the second one. Belief is definitely a good way of limiting people’s behavior. Someone who has a belief may not do harm to other people because he/she doesn’t want to dirty his/her spirit or she/he is afraid of being punished. It’s terrible that most of the people in a nation don’t have believes.
    On the other hand, I wonder if having a belief totally a good thing. Will someone stop trying if he believes that it’s his destiny to be a failor? In my opinion, it’s better for people to believe in himself as well as believe in Gods.

    ReplyDelete